What Do We Do?
Loans – Big and Small
The Minnesota United Methodist Builders have provided very low- interest loans up to $100,000 for a variety of capital projects.
- Bringing a church’s re alarm system and safety provisions up to code.
- Reconfiguring outside ramps and inside entryways to make a church more accessible.
- Purchasing land for new church development or expansion.
- Finishing new Sunday School rooms to improve the educational environment.
- Renovating a neighborhood building for use as a worship and community service space.
Who Are The Builders?
The Minnesota United Methodist builders began as the lay-led Minneapolis Methodist Union in 1888. Later the name was changed to the Metro West Builders. Following a two- year strategic planning process, a new vision and name was adopted in 2014:
MINNESOTA UNITED METHODIST BUILDERS
Together in Mission
Throughout our 128-year history, MnUMB has been providing loans and grants for capital expenses that help churches grow and reach out to their communities.
With the support of you and your congregation, we will continue to complement the work of the Minnesota United Methodist Foundation and the Reach • Renew • Rejoice new church development and revitalization efforts.
We invite you to join us!
What Do We Do?
Calls – Spring and Fall
Twice each year, the Minnesota United Methodist Builders extend a “call to give.” The call supports churches with special capital projects:
• Developing bold signage that draws new people into fellowship.
• Rehabbing food shelf space and creating a community garden so more people can be served.
• Installing a new sound system for worship and community use.
• Creating safe play spaces that invite area families to see the church as a hub of community activity.